Mandatory in Canada 

Non – residents must register their guns with Canadian Customs at the border 

A previous hunting licence from your State or Country is required to obtain a hunting licence in Ontario (see hunting accreditation below)

Entering Canada from the U.S.A. proof of citizenship is required and proof of 

auto insurance if driving

Helmets and insurance are required by law while driving ATV’S

Blaze orange hunting vests and hats

No hand guns are allowed in Canada

Hunting accreditation will only be accepted in either English or French. If your hunting accreditation is not in English or French, it must be translated to one of these languages prior to purchasing your hunting Outdoors Card/licences. When purchasing your licences you must provide the original document and its translation to the licence issuer. Please contact the Natural Resources Information and Support Centre 1-800-387-7011 or 1-800-667-1940 for additional information.
Only translations by MNRF-approved translators will be accepted. This includes non-Canadian embassies, consulates, or high commissioner’s offices. You may also refer to the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario translation services.

How to bring a firearm to Canada